Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

I Received Roses Today

Dedicated to all battered women


I received yellow roses today
It was not our anniversary nor any other special day
We argued and he said a lot of cruel things that really hurt me
I want to believe that he is sorry and did not mean to say all the things that he did because ...
I received yellow roses today  

I received pink roses today
It was not my birthday nor any other special day
Throughout the night the fights persisted. I was thrown into a wall and choked until I almost lost me breath
It seemed like a horrible dream only to wake up and find that it was real

I received red roses today
It was not Valentine’s Day nor any other special day
My makeup and long sleeves did not hide the many bruises all over my body this time
I chose to stay home because my coworkers would stare and ask "Are you ok?" "How can I help?"
I saved myself from the humiliation
I know he's sorry because he sent me red roses today

I received purple and coral roses today
It was not Mother’s Day nor any other special day
Last night I had to endure another beating and it was much worse than before
Hmmm, If I leave him now, "How will I manage and make it?   
I’m actually afraid of him, but too scared and dependent to leave
He must be sorry because he sent me purple and coral roses today

I received a very unique bouquet of mixed colored, long stem  roses today...I must be special!
Well, today was indeed a very special day - It was the day of my "homegoing" 
I finally lost the battle and was beaten to death

If only I would have gathered the courage to leave
I would have been able to smell and hold my roses once again
I could have received help but I did not ask
So for the very last time....I received my flowers today

.

Please tell someone and get help today!  Your life depends on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment